Scanning & Copying
It is often the case that more than one copy of medical records is required. Using our state-of-the-art digital photocopiers, we can ensure that crisp, clear copies of all of your records are produced and collated professionally into lever arches with customised section dividers.
MCB also offers a sophisticated scanning service to its clients. Records can be scanned into a variety of formats, but are most commonly done as PDFs and TIFFs. Scanning the records using a high-end OCR capability enables the digitally converted PDF files to be highly searchable and annotatable.
The scanning of documents is not limited to medical records, nor solely the work that MCB has prepared for you. Any paper document can be scanned and prepared for you.
Archiving of Scanned Documents
- Your scanned documents can be securely uploaded to your own personal area on our Archive Bureau. You may download your documents at your convenience from wherever you may be, and can even securely share these files with any users that you create.
Why Archive Scanned Documents?
- No costly storage space / using valuable office space for archive files year after year.
- Easy and efficient archive retrieval.
- No idle information – Utilise information from old files in your current work.
- Save on duplication costs – Use scanned files rather than paper copies and print only the required pages.
- No postage/courier costs – No need to post paper or disc copies; file share.
- Efficient distribution - No time wasted/money spent waiting for paper files or discs to arrive.
- No IT involvement – No specialist set-up or maintenance.
- Safe data, files and discs – No danger of being lost in the office through fire/other disaster or in the post.
- No email problems – No problems with limited file size on email transfers, simply download from our website.
- Security assured – High level software security and physical security for the location of the files, with files stored in several secure sites.
- No deadline problems - Just register desired users as 'guest user' at the Archive Bureau and fileshare the relevant documents instantly.
What do we do?
- File Preparation prior to copying or scanning i.e. removing staples/paper clips/fastenings, etc.
- Handle documents from A8 to A0 Size and up to 5 metres in length in black and white, grayscale or colour.
- Add OCR (Text Recognition) to your scanned files, which allows you to search for any typed words within your documents from an opened file in Adobe Reader or from the Windows Explorer search facility if the scanned documents have been loaded onto your company server.
- Create interactive PDF documents for archive or current files, which allow you to use a wide variety of tools such as commenting without altering the original file content.
- Upload PDFs, interactive documents or any of your program files onto our website.
- Produce a password organiser to list the passwords of individual documents.
- If requested, produce a copy of your interactive documents on CD.
What can you do?
- Download your files from our website from any internet connection with password access.
- Create an individual or company account for any type of business.
- Create guest users to view your files, and allocate (or withdraw) their access at any time.
- Print individual pages from downloaded files to be used.