The objective when preparing medical records for use in legal proceedings is to present the evidence in such a way as to make the task of solicitors, experts and the courts easier when they assess a claim.
The benefits of doing this through the Medical Clerical Bureau are numerous:
- Reduce the time required for experts and other higher-cost professionals to understand the evidence;
- Offer access to the evidence 24/7 to all who require it through our Archive Bureau.
- Free up the time of paralegals to focus on their core activities;
- Recover these costs at a profit, as if done by a fee earner in your firm.
Overview of Available Services
The received bundles of records are sorted into an easy-to-use format. The order is not simply chronological; the records are organised logically into appropriate sections by our medical staff who have years of experience working closely with clinical negligence and personal injury departments. With operational expertise, our staff can identify missing records, as well as remove and/or catalogue duplicate records.
All pages are paginated with a continuous numbering system in accordance with court rules. Customised section dividers make navigating through the paginated bundle more convenient.
An index of the sorted and paginated bundle is produced in a unique and easy-to-read layout, with a detailed listing of radiology disc contents. This can be provided to the solicitor in a variety of formats.
The client might wish to have a summary of evidence produced, and this can be done in a brief bullet-point format or as a full detailed chronological diary. In either case, emphasis is placed on the events pertinent to the case and cross-references are made to relevant documents where applicable.
Our reports are returned with a comprehensive glossary of terms, A4 lever arch files with edges detailing the client information and, if requested, bundles of duplicate records and/or a labelled CD containing an electronic version of the report.
- Duplicating and Scanning
- Using our state-of-the-art digital photocopiers, you are ensured crisp, clear copies of all of your records. At the same time, our high-end scanning technology allows us to rapidly scan different kinds of documents to any digital format at print-quality resolutions. Paper sizes for scanning range from receipt-sized formats through to A0.
- Online Archiving and Expert Directory
By using the Archive Bureau website, you can access your records securely from anywhere and at any time via an Internet connection. Once registered, you can create your own users to file share any of your selected records and view CVs of medical experts who work with our interactive documents. Live help is available during office hours and help guides are available for download 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Completed bundles will be returned to yourselves either by DX or a tracked courier service.